First I did a bunch of test runs with washers, and finally settled on a Tunisian style band:
Next I bought the metal scales and found a more attractive yarn to work with:
Luna wanted to help, but helping is really tiring:
Then I went out and found some really fun yarns to work with since my bellydancing bestie Pixie was looking for some cuffs:
And like all really good projects everything went in an unexpected direction. The hook I purchased to make the cuffs was a double ended Tunisian hook, allowing me to make in-the-round (tube-shaped) pieces as easily as flat ones. So I also made this purse! (Hanging strings still need to be tucked in in this photo.)
Currently in-design: regular and scaled arm-warmers.